25-35 hours per week
Evenings: Monday to Friday, 5-10pm
Weekends: Saturday and Sunday, 6am-4pm
We are hiring a positive and proactive team member to join our core team and help us run our unique fitness studio. We are particularly interested in demonstrated team leadership experience. Please send a resume and cover letter that shares your distinctive skills and experiences. as well as your front desk shift availability. Only candidates that have been selected for follow-up will be contacted. Send application to email@example.com.
About the Position
Our Studio Coordinators have three primary areas of responsibilities: positive engagement with our participants at the front desk; detailed point-of-sale processing and account problem solving; and fastidious facilities maintenance. In addition to front desk duties, our Studio Coordinators also take on administrative roles and responsibilities including, but not limited to facilities coordination, membership and account management, retail coordination, marketing and communications.
We are small health club with a focus on group fitness and a long-term vision to strengthen and enrich the community around us. We believe that health has multiple dimensions, not just physical, and we try to uphold this outlook in how we do things. We offer a hands-on, exciting environment that is less gym and more start-up. Our everyday work environment is casual and playful–expect a collaborative atmosphere and a team that’s willing to help you.
You are a multi-faceted creative person with strong communication skills. You understand holistic approaches to health and can represent this to our community, both in speech and action. You are an ace at smoothly and efficiently handling the daily operations of the business while also keeping your eye on the bigger picture. You are empathetic by nature, and connect with many different types of people in a caring, authentic manner. You are selfless and team-oriented but are honest about embracing your strengths and weaknesses. You are spirited and thrive in an environment that embraces a collaborative approach to running a business.
Pay and Benefits
Our hope is find an energetic team member with a flexible schedule who is ready to commit to a long-term position with us. This position would start as soon as possible, including two weeks of on-the-job training.
Pay is $15/hour to start, with regular raises for performance and responsibility. Benefits include a flexible and fun work environment, free gym membership, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth. Trust us when we say it’s a blast to be surrounded by so many health and wellness professionals.
Studio Coordinator Responsibilities
– Act as the face of our business and champion the classes and services we offer
– Exercise great communication skills in person and by phone and email
– Resolve client concerns or conflicts in a manner that strengthens the relationship between our business and our clients
– Continually listen and converse with clients; recommend changes based on what you hear; communicate all feedback to the team in an efficient way
– Manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines and budgets, while maintaining a positive attitude
– Handle processing and POS transactions with discretion and an eagle-eye for detail
– Be confident speaking and demonstrating to individuals and groups of people; assist clients in class set-up and make them feel at ease
– Help instructors set up classes, exercise equipment and AV systems
Desired Qualifications & Experience
– Experience in fitness, health, hospitality, retail and/or customer service industry
– Dynamic leadership experience with a team of peers
– Clear and concise written and verbal communication
– Strong technical skills and creative problem solving
– Ability to track multiple activities and competing priorities at once while maintaining a positive attitude.
– A sense of humor and a general willingness to try new things.
– Inclined toward regular physical activity and exercise; knowledge of group fitness and body awareness is highly desirable; able to lift 40 lbs.
– Ability to brainstorm and ideate projects and programs for our business
– Confident with the Microsoft Office suite, database software and Google applications