Equipment use in our instructors’ online classes range from body weight, to hand weights, resistance bands and creative substitutions that are usually found in your pantry.
Once you’ve taken a few classes with your favorite instructor, or instructors, you’ll get a sense of what you might need for the class for the long-term.
No weights? No problem.
Below you’ll find easy equipment substitution recommendations from Community Fitness instructors. Items that you likely already have or can procure at the grocery store.
- Hand Weights Light (1-3lbs): water bottles, jars of food, bags of rice or beans for Barre or Pilates.
- Hand Weights Heavy : gallon jugs of water, laundry soap jugs, grocery totes filled with cans, paint cans for Strength & HIIT formats.
- Gliders: paper plates, micro fiber cloths, cardboard, socks for Barre, Bootcamp or HIIT.
- Yoga Blocks: stack of books (large, encyclopedia size), low chair or table, rolled towel or pillow can support hips for Yoga or Yoga Sculpt.
- Pilates Ball: rolled towel bound with rubber bands.
- Bands: long towel, robe ties, bicycle tubes for Barre or Yoga.
- Chair for Barre or Yoga.